I. Overview Debate has undeniably become one of the most crucial skills needed for professional career. The ability to debate with critical analysis, clear cases to support the argument, claims which prove right and wrong, this can be enhanced through chances to engage in real debate society. STANFORD American School strongly believe in the necessity of debate skill and would like to contribute to this need. STANFORD Debate Club has been established since (NEED INFORMATION) with the objectives:
- To foster students’ debate skill
- To be able to use critical thinking and analytical skill
- To foster the ability to discuss on different matters
- To build network and relationship between students and students who are the future leaders
- Duration: Three months
- Time: 2:30 pm – 4:30 pm (Saturdays)
- Location: STANFORD American School – Toul Kork Campus
III. Signup Policy In order to sign up for this club, one has to follow the following procedures:
- Qualifications – MUST be a student at Stanford American School – Committed to attending the training for the whole course – Be willing to pay USD$15
- Procedures – Fill in the application form which is available at the Front Desk – Go through the interview stage – Pay USD$15 within one week from the date of the interview result. Otherwise, the reserved candidates can replace the seat. – The club will start two weeks after the date of the interview result. – Come and get the certificate of completion two weeks after the course completion. Later than that, students will be charged USD$5 for the certificate of completion.
- Certificate policy – Students can take leave for two times but with leave form, which is available at the Front Desk. – One leave without leave form will disqualify students from getting the certificate of completion. – 3 times of 15-minute lateness will be considered as one leave without leave form.
If students leave the class before 10:45 pm for 3 times, that will be also considered as one leave without leave form. If you have any inquiry, please contact our receptionists.