To sharpen its students’ soft skills, Stanford American School provides a number of study clubs to its students and these include Presentation Club, Public Speaking Club, Debate Club, Writing Club, Reading Club, IELTS Club and Media Club. Further, in the competitive job markets these days, especially after the ASEAN Economic Community was officially opened at the end of 2015, being able to present the ideas to your managers, supervisors, heads of departments or even colleagues is a crucial skill one should possess. Hence, this Presentation Club is designed with the following objectives:
- To foster students’ speaking and presentation skills
- To kill the shyness and reluctance
- To prepare students for the competitive job market after they finish General English Program (GEP) at SAS
- To build network and relationship between students and students who are the future leaders
Duration: Three months Time: 3:00 – 5:00 pm (Sundays)
III. Signup Policy
In order to sign up for this club, one has to follow the following procedures: Qualifications
- MUST be a student at Stanford American School
- Committed to attending the training for the whole three months
- Be willing to deposit USD$20
- Fill in the application form which is available at the Front Desk
- Go through the shortlist stage
- Go through the interview stage
- Deposit USD$20 within one week from the date of the interview result. Otherwise, the reserved candidates can replace that place.
- The club will start two weeks after the date of the interview result.
- Come and get the refund and certificate of completion two weeks after the course completion. Later than that, students will be charged USD$5 for the certificate of completion.
Refund and certificate policy
- Students can take leave for two times but with leave form, which is available at the Front Desk.
- One leave without leave form will disqualify students from being refunded and getting the certificate of completion.
- 3 times of 15-minute lateness will be considered as one leave without leave form.
- If students leave the class before 4:45 pm for 3 times, that will be also considered as one leave without leave form.
If you have any inquiry, please contact our receptionists.